/ Tuesday, May 10, 2016
LEGO KidsFest National Tour is Coming to Kansas City THIS WEEKEND ONLY!
When I first noticed the advertisement for the LEGO KidsFest coming to Kansas City this month, I was beyond excited! My son is a huge LEGO fan and his 7th birthday is this month which makes the timing perfect! Not only does he have two huge buckets of LEGO brick sets (Marvel Super Heroes being his favorite), but his favorite video game to play on PS3 is LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham.
The LEGO KidsFest looks like it's going to be awesome!
There will be three acres of creative hands-on educational fun of LEGO building, experiences, and entertainment for all ages and builders of all skills and interests. There will be a total of five sessions - all identical and lasting 4 1/2 half hours - at each tour stop. On tour since 2009, previous LEGO KidsFest tour stops have included major cities such as Chicago, Boston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Jose, Cleveland, Richmond, Phoenix, Portland and more.
Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find:
- LEGO Model Museum: life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations and activities from the crew who get paid to play
- Race Ramps: build a custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Star Wars: build and display a Star Wars model
- LEGO Disney Princess: create a princess scene to add to a LEGO story book
- LEGO Super Heroes: pose with a life-sized Spiderman model and more
- LEGO DUPLO: younger visitors can explore imagination through building
- LEGO Retail: purchase LEGO merchandise and official KidsFest tour goods
- LEGO Friends: build for the five empowered friends from Heartlake City
- LEGO Ninjago: spin the way to being a Spinjitzu member
- LEGO Mindstorms: build and program robots and snakes
- LEGO Technic: get hands-on with the cool, realistic vehicles at the booth
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Brick Pile: a gigantic pile full of LEGO bricks for creative play and enjoyment
- Monochromatic Builds: bricks of a single color foster group creativity
The LEGO KidsFest will be held in Kansas City, MO from Friday. May 13 to Sunday, May 15 at the Kansas City Convention Center.
You can purchase tickets here and use the code Take5 to receive a $5 discount.
Tickets prices are $19 for the Friday and Sunday afternoon sessions, and $22 for both sessions on Saturday and the Sunday morning session.
Visit the LEGO KidsFest website and LEGO KidsFest Facebook page for more details.
This is an event you don't want your LEGO lovers to miss! Events in prior cities have been selling out so get your tickets!